Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Not You, It's Me.

I know I go on & on about the local cops, government, crime, etc. It gets tedious for me, so if you're reading this & thinking, 'Oh god, why do I even bother to look at this crap', trust me, I understand. There are those who tell me to just shut up, it will never change, I'm wasting my time & annoying everyone. And I really have no excuse. I can't help it, I guess. Because every single time I think of working people in New Orleans, from those stuck in cubicles, wishing they were Out There, to service industry people, wishing they weren't, and I think of them getting robbed, shot, & worse, while also getting illegally pulled over & searched, ticketed by hidden cameras, jailed for a joint & arrested, charged with public drunkeness, even though they don't touch the stuff, I also think about this; $10,000 a WEEK going into the pockets of NOPD officers, for doing a job they were already paid to do, while their Chief has his arrogant nose stuck in a monitor screen & the Mayor is covering the Chief's ass by quoting Jesus. Did I mention that the ten grand in question is OUR MONEY? So forgive me, but it makes me so fucking mad I could spit blood. Under the circumstances, I'm doing the best I can.

No comments: