Friday, August 19, 2011

Step Up; life requires heroes.

As I approach, again, the anniversary of my birth, I always
look for something new learned, some ground covered,
or some measure of progress, no matter how small, that
I have contributed, other than my own wants & pleasures,
by living another year.

It is with that thought that I share these words, spoken
long ago, but still ringing loudly where there are those
willing to listen. 

It does not matter how large an impact that we make, 
but that we reach out to make it, in some small way,
often & without end. 

I give you the words of Robert F. Kennedy;
 
"It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief
that human  history is shaped. Each time a man stands up
for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes
out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope,
and crossing each other from a million different centers
of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which
can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and
resistance."

~ Robert F. Kennedy, June 6, 1966, "Day Of Affirmation" Speech
 
 

1 comment:

mardi claw said...

we must get together this week, as our birthdays, are just days apart. happy birthday m'dear.